This scenario will take you through the manual Fixed Asset Creation process.
- Go to Fixed assets/Common/Fixed assets/ Fixed assets and create a new Asset.
- Now select the Fixed Assets Group from the drop down.
- Now the system will automatically assign the Fixed Asset # based on the setup. You have to enter the Asset Name Description, select the Type, Major Type and Property Type
- Add the technical information for the Fixed Asset.
- Add Location specific information
- Now click the Value Model to enter other financial and date specific information
- Based on the setup the system will populate the Value Model, Status, Depreciation Profile, Service Life, Depreciation Period remaining and Posting Profile in the Overview TAB.
- Now enter the Acquisition date, Price and method in the General TAB.
- Verify the other information that will come automatically once the asset is created in the Depreciation TAB. This information is populated based on the setup.
- Enter the Financial Dimension that will be applicable to fixed asset transactions in the Financial Dimensions TAB.
======Subscribe to the blog for all the updates on HOW TO ARTICLES======