- Go to General ledger/Periodic/Journals/Periodic Journal
- Click New and select Recurring Journal
- Enter the description as required and click on Lines
- Enter the details in the Lines that includes Account Type, Ledger account with dimensions, Amount(Debit/Credit) and Offset account
Below are the column descriptions for understanding:
Date = Effective Start date used to generate entries
Units = Months
No of Unit = Interval of entry
Last Date = date till which entries will be generated
- Now we will recall this Recurring Journal for a transaction. Go to General ledger/Journals/General Journal and create a new Journal and go toLines
- Click on Period Journal > Retrieve Journal
- Now enter the date to which the Journal needs to be retrieved, as the recurring Journal was created with interval of one month so I have given the date till June that will generate 6 lines from Jan to June. Also select the Journal that you want to retrieve from the drop down and click OK.
- The system will generate the lines based on date for six months.
- Validate and Post the Journal.
======Subscribe to the blog for all the updates on HOW TO ARTICLES======