Linking different Management Reporter (MR) reports is a common finance scenario when for example the profit/loss from the Income Statement (IS) is linked to the equity section of the Balance Sheet (BS). Microsoft provided a detailed description, which exemplifies how this linkage between the IS and BS reports can be established. For details, please see […]
Below is a scenario i did to drill down the Big Difference Account while posting Retail Statement.
- Open Shift
- Sales Transaction of 450 with Cash – USD($)
- Counting of 200 for Cash – CAD($)
In HEAD OFFICE
In Store Setup the Posting Difference is setup to be 250
When statement is calculated at Head Office the system is showing 450 as Sales for Cash USD in Transaction Amount Column and as there was no counting done for Cash USD so a difference of -450 is also displayed in Difference Amount Column.
Again as i did counting for Cash – CAD for 200 so system is showing no Sales against it and a difference of 200 in Difference Amount Column
An info log for difference amount
Once statement is posted the generated voucher are for :
- Sales Invoice (4th line)
- Payment of Sales Invoice (1st line)
- Difference posting of Cash USD that was not counted (2nd line)
- Difference posting of Cash CAD that was counted (3rd line)
The posting account in Cash Method of Payment where the difference will be posted.
Review the below image to drill down the postings and accounts where the difference is posted.
- Sales Invoice (JOURNAL : 033764)
Normal Sales Posting Vouchers
- Payment of Sales Invoice (JOURNAL : 033765)
Normal Payment Posting Vouchers
- Difference posting of Cash USD that was not counted (JOURNAL : 033766)
The amount that was not counted for CASH – USD was posted to Difference Account
- Difference posting of Cash CAD that was counted (JOURNAL : 033767)
The amount that was counted for CASH – CAD was posted to Deposits Account